This post is titled:
A favorite at our parties.
With everything else you might serve at a party,
this is enough for about 50 people.
As a stand-alone dinner,
this is probably enough for 8-10 people.
This recipe is based on
I got from "The Epicentre",
though this version is about half as hot.
The original version is painfully spicy.
This version is just hot.
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium-size yellow onions, minced
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon epazote
- 2 tablespoons Mexican oregano
- 3 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 3 tablespoons chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup shelled almonds, ground
- Add oil to an 8 quart pan and place over high heat
- Cut chicken into 3/4 inch cubes
- Brown chicken cubes in oil
- Add onions and garlic to chicken and heat until fragrant
- Add dry ingredients and stir until chicken is coated
- Add broth and puree
- Stir thoroughly, sraping sides and bottom of pan
- Bring to boil
- Turn down heat and simmer for 3 hours
Serve with rice (about 6 cups cooked should do)
and beans (probably about two cans).
2009.01.03 at 17:00am EST
All text and graphics copyright © 2007-2013 Elliott C. Evans except where otherwise noted.
[Visit my web site]
[Subscribe via RSS]