This post is titled:
It's been quite a while since I did any sewing that wasn't Japanese themed. In fact, it's been a while since I did any project work that wasn't at least slightly Japanese. It helps that this project is for almost entirely home use, so it's not even SCA oriented. It was a nice change. Anyway, it's a new pair of pajamas for winter.
A while back, one of my favorite pairs of pajamas gave up the ghost (farewell Rocketship Jammies), and while I was browsing the clearance fabric I found this great spiderweb fabric. It's a thick cotton fabric, with a somewhat open weave so it's not too heavy, and this great spider web designe is woven in, not printed. The fabric is soft and drapy, so I think it will be comfy pajamas. I just did them this weekend, on Saturday and Sunday. I still love this pattern.
I have made some minor changes to the pattern, though. for one, I didn't use any interfacing this time. Also, I continued with my habit of making a drawstring waist instead of an elastic waist. I also turned the fly from a false fly to a functional fly, and made the buttons there funtional instead of decorative. I also added a button to close the shirt pocket, and did the hem a little differently than they instruct. Also as usual, I left out all the trim. Sharon likes the trimmed pocket and cuffs, but I feel it's extraneous. Probably none of that means anything to you.
My next planned sewing project is SCA themed, and the one after that is Japanese as well as SCA. Back to the well, I guess. I will note that < ahref="2012050701.html">all the stuff I wanted to get done before the end of the year, I did get done already, and some extra stuff besides.. A few months of time off really helped in that respect.
2012.11.26 at 12:00am EST
All text and graphics copyright © 2007-2013 Elliott C. Evans except where otherwise noted.