A card game you make somebody else win
A pile of cards is built up in front of each player.
The object of the game is to wind up with a "Win" card in your pile.
The hitch is that you can't play any cards into your own pile.
What you need
- A standard poker deck of playing cards, jokers included.
How to play
- Shuffle the deck.
- Deal five cards to each player.
- Place the remaining deck in the middle of the table.
- The player to the left of the dealer takes the first turn.
- On your turn, draw one card, then play one card from your hand into
another player's pile.
- Follow the instructions for the card you played.
- If the instructions do not force a change in the playing order,
play passes to the left of the player who just played a card.
- If the deck runs out, it is not re-shuffled. The players must keep
playing from their hands until a winner is declared.
- Play one on me.
(Player must play a card into your pile.)
- Take two, they're small.
(Player draws two.)
- You're next.
(Turn passes to that player.)
- Look to your left.
(Turn passes to player's left.)
- Look to your right.
(Turn passes to player's right.)
- Gimme that.
(Player must give you a card of your choice from their hand.)
- Take this.
(Player must take a card of your choice from your hand.)
- Back at ya.
(Turn passes to previous player.)
- Win free zone.
(No player can play a win card onto this pile until this card is covered by another.)
- Strange attractor.
(Any "Win" card played, must be played onto this pile until this card is covered by another, or another attractor is played)
- Shake the tree.
(All other players must play one card into your pile. Only "Win" cards have any effect.)
- The hat game.
(All players play one card onto the pile of the player to their right. Only "Win" cards have any effect.)
(Player wins immediately.)
[Game Design Page]
[The Flourishing Branch]
[Elliott's Home Page]